Monday 22 September 2008

Day to Day

Lucas was back at school today. When asked about how his day was, he responds with the immortal, "yeah, it was fine" and provides scant details!

He was working on numeracy, which means I'm going to have to work harder and start actually working on my Braille Maths! I'm leaving reading and contractions to Sarah for the moment - I'm reasonably good at reading Braille but as Lucas is learning his contractions it's getting trickier!

Lucas is really quick on his Mountbatten. I really don't know why people bother with Perkins anymore - it's not as if they are cheap! It's like sighted kids being provided with a 19th century typewriter instead of a computer nowadays. If only the RNIB would start buying in bulk to bring the price down. I feel a campaign coming on!

No comments: